Plastic Free July 2020

So it's almost July again, which brings Plastic Free July. This is a yearly movement to encourage people to make simple changes within their lives to help reduce waste. I followed this last year on my social media, posting an image each day of the chosen swaps.

This year, I'm going to go through swaps which I have already made, which is listed below. Amazingly it's worked out to be 31, which is the perfect amount for July. I have also created a list of swaps I still wish to make. This list is nowhere near as long, but I still live with family, and struggle to incorporate these in our household. When I finally buy my own house, I will 100% be making those changes!

Swaps already made:

  1. Toothbrush
  2. Toothpaste/tablets
  3. Mouthwash
  4. Floss
  5. Shampoo
  6. Conditioner
  7. Soap
  8. Razor and blades
  9. Loofa/sponge
  10. Face scrub
  11. Cleanser
  12. Wash cloth
  13. Face moisturiser
  14. Cotton swabs
  15. Deodorant (although not found one that works yet)
  16. Period pants/Menstrual cup
  17. Water bottle
  18. Coffee/Tea cup
  19. Reusable cutlery
  20. Tupperware
  21. Baking paper
  22. Wax wraps
  23. Shopping bags
  24. Toilet paper
  25. Reusable kitchen towels
  26. Package free shopping (food/non-food)
  27. Washing-up liquid
  28. Washing-up sponge/brush
  29. Hand soap
  30. Washing detergent
  31. Washing conditioner
Swaps still to make:
  1. Cleaning products (I have made these in the past)
  2. Sustainable clothing
  3. Candles (soy etc.)
  4. Toilet brush
  5. Energy supplier (Octopus Energy)
  6. Milk (dairy farms in glass bottles) (I have done this in the past)
  7. Phone case (Pela)
  8. Lunch box/bag
  9. Dishwasher tablets
  10. Clothes pegs
  11. Sustainable bedding
If you would like to see the swaps I have already made, then check out my Instagram and Facebook for a post every day of July.

Thanks 😊

Comments

Popular Posts